This is our special, summer-only tour, where you will be heading up to the glacier when most other tours are already walking back down. You will be able to enjoy the beauty of the glaciers mostly undisturbed by other larger groups. Come enjoy the long magical summer evenings with us.
Like with our other tours, the meeting place is at Skaftafell Terminal Tour Center, where we will provide you with all the necessary glacier equipment. Then, we will start driving through the beautiful scenery that Skaftafel has to offer, towards the majestic Falljökull outlet glacier. As we drive all the way into the glacier valley in our modified 4×4 truck, you will enjoy the stunning views of the glacier that you will soon be hiking on. After reaching the glacier, your guide will assist and explain how to use all the provided equipment, and then you are ready to start your glacier hike! As we walk up through the other worldly ice formations, your guide will share with you their knowledge of the glaciers and surrounding area.
- Small group experience (max 8 persons).
- 4×4 transport to and from the glacier.
- An English speaking, certified glacier guide.
- Glacier gear (crampons, harness and an ice axe)
- Hiking boots, preferably with ankle support(Can be rented on location for 1.000 ISK)
- Warm, waterproof clothing(Depending on weather).
- Sun glasses